Banana with Honey and Choc Chip muffins
If what you're craving is a delightfully sweet muffin recipe, that combines the nutritional benefits of both banana AND honey, then look no further because these muffins are the perfect match. Made with our very own Macadamia Honey, Sandra from Lunchtime Cravings has crafted this brilliant yet simple recipe that truly hits the sweet spot.
3 Small Bananas or 2 Large ones
1 and 1/2 cup of All purpose flour
1/4 cup of Water or Milk
1/2 cup of Honey
1/3 cup of Coconut Oil
3/4 cup of Choc chips
1 Teaspoon of Vanilla extract
1 Teaspoon of Baking soda
1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
- Preheat the oven to 170 Degrees Celsius and have a 12 tin muffin tray ready.
- In a large bowl, add the honey and coconut oil and whisk together. Once mixed, add the egg and mix well.
- Mash the bananas and add them to the mixture as well as the water, baking soda, vanilla extract and salt.
- Sift the flour into the mix and fold through. Add the choc chips and carefully fold the mixture.
- Pour batter evenly into the muffin tins. Do not fill more than two thirds, otherwise they will overflow.
- Bake muffins for 20 to 25 minutes and when ready make sure to let them cool.
- Slice a Banana and place the pieces on top for garnish.
- Add extra Honey on top before placing into oven for that extra hint of flavour.